Originally built in 1933, the brick building that now stands is all that remains of an old brick school. In 1958 the original tank house, corridors and attached classrooms were torn down. This left only the auditorium of the old two-story school standing. The Denair Community Services Committee purchased the building in 1968. The building was declared a historical site on March 21, 1978, and later was acquired by an amateur theater company.
The Gaslight Community Conservatory is a non-profit organization incorporated under code section 23701d of the Revenue and Taxation Code of the State of California, and under section 501(c)(3) of the Federal Internal Revenue Code, and is entitled to receive tax-exempt contributions (EIN 03-0474079)